Research & Development Engineer
navenio is a spin out of Oxford University, we are well funded and have an academic culture. Our current largest market is healthcare, we work on a strongly ethical technology that improves quality of care for patients through increased efficiency while lowering healthcare costs for society.
We employ the best possible talent and are now looking to expand our team with additional exceptionally talented people. You will use the latest technologies, tools and techniques to create and deliver products at scale, working within a vibrant team culture. You will receive a highly competitive salary, pension, project bonuses, and investment in your learning and skills development.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fast moving and growing business, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Research, design and develop innovative solutions to challenging real-world problems for indoor localisation and mapping
- Investigate different solutions and iterate through rapid prototyping
- Deliver robust implementations and clean code through test driven development
- Contribute to improvements and maintenance of our indoor location engine
- Write unit tests, contribute to our continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver novel capabilities
You will become part of a fast-moving research and development team working in indoor localization and mapping. Some example work areas for this team include inertial data signal processing, probabilistic state estimation, seamless localisation with changing environment and crowdsourced data processing.
You will research and solve real world problems arising from customer needs first through rapid prototyping and then implementing the solution as robust clean code using test driven development. In addition to developing new capabilities, you will improve and optimize our indoor location engine.
We have an open, friendly and supportive work environment. We value out of the box thinking and good problem solving skills. We brain storm in small groups and encourage team members to lead sub projects. If you come from an academic background, this role will provide you with an opportunity to improve your software development skills through peer based learning. If you already have good software development skills through your previous experience, we will highly value these. Our focus is to create novel capabilities in our localisation stack that deliver business value.
We value learning and personal development, and are evolving our use of tools and technologies as the business grows. We expect the team to continue to grow to support the company’s rapid growth during 2019 and beyond.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in a subset of: signal processing, machine learning, robotics or quantitative academic research
- Excellent knowledge of Python 3 for rapid prototyping
- Excellent knowledge of modern C++ (C++11 to C++17)
- A degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of probabilistic state estimation techniques used for human / robot localization and mapping
- Good understanding of SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping) algorithms
- Previous experience of inertial tracking and IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) data processing
- Worked in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience using git for source control
What we offer:
- 23 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- A workplace pension with a 5% company contribution
- Competitive salary and Equity in the company
- Open plan office in the heart of Oxford
- Choose your own IT kit
- Fridge fully stocked with healthy snacks and the ultimate coffee machine
- Regular company socials
- A budget for training, conferences and books.