At Navenio, we’re building revolutionary technology to create and scale a unique solution for infrastructure-free indoor location. To do that, we’re evolving and applying award-winning and world-leading research that was developed at the University of Oxford. We focus on the healthcare sector and our mission is simple: to use our technology to make healthcare better by transforming workforce efficiency.
We’re VC-backed and formulating a SaaS stack for the future using modern tooling like React, Kubernetes, microservices and cloud native applications. We are embracing DevOps practices, deploying to Kubernetes clusters in production. Our focus is on repeating our current success at a large scale.
Navenio is an eclectic team of over forty talented individuals from ten different countries around the world. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of varying backgrounds, heritages and ages. We’re at an exciting stage of growth and are now on the lookout for an enthusiastic, achievement-orientated and empathetic Support Engineer to help us move thinking forward. We care about growth and personal development, you’ll be given real responsibility and autonomy, along with being empowered to propose new features and realise improvements. You'll also be involved in helping us evolve our use of tools and technologies (like cloud native software) as the business grows. We're forecasting the team size to rapidly expand to continue in the support of the company's hyper-growth during 2019 and beyond. This will create lots of opportunities to professionally develop in your career trajectory and learn new technologies.
What you'll do:
- Close co-working with development team members in Oxford and remotely with implementation team members at customer sites.
- Liaising with implementation team to review and confirm customer configuration requirements.
- Creating and testing customer specific configurations of our Workforce Tasking solution though configuring data options.
- Working with our deployment specialists to confirm readiness to deploy live.
- Providing 2nd line support to our 1st line support team after customer deployment, including diagnosing and triaging in-field support tickets.
Who you are:
- Great team player with excellent communication skills and work ethic
- Able to work at the Unix command line
- Passionate about delivering dependable, robust software systems
- An appreciation of system security
- Excellent proficiency in English, written and spoken
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
We'd particularly love it if you have:
- Exposure to Git or similar distributed source control system.
- Familiar with Docker containers
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and other CNCF (Cloud Native Computing Foundation) projects
- Experience of using cloud systems, ideally AWS
- TCP/IP networking, iptables, Wireshark
- Databases, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis.
- Experience monitoring production systems
What we offer:
- 23 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- A workplace pension with a 5% company contribution
- Competitive salary and Equity in the company
- Open plan office in the heart of Oxford
- Choose your own IT kit
- Fridge fully stocked with healthy snacks and the ultimate coffee machine
- Regular company socials
- A budget for training, conferences and books.
We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we solve problems and make healthcare ever more efficient.