Backend Developer (R&D team)
At Navenio, we’re building revolutionary technology to create and scale a unique solution for infrastructure-free indoor location. To do that, we’re evolving and applying award-winning and world-leading research that was developed at the University of Oxford. We focus on the healthcare sector and our mission is simple: to use our technology to make healthcare better through efficiency.
We’re VC-backed and formulating a SaaS stack for the future using modern tooling like React, Kubernetes, microservices and cloud native applications.
Navenio is an eclectic team of over forty talented individuals from ten different countries around the world. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of varying backgrounds, heritages and ages. We’re at an exciting stage of growth and are now on the lookout for an enthusiastic, achievement-orientated and empathetic Backend Engineer to help us move thinking forward. We care about growth and personal development, you’ll be given real responsibility and autonomy, along with being empowered to contribute to suggest features and realise improvements. Navenio is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a fast-moving research and development team working in indoor localisation and mapping
- You will lead the design and development of pipelines for processing crowdsourced data in the cloud
- You will work in close collaboration with research engineers to incorporate novel and cutting edge localisation and mapping capabilities in these pipelines
- Deploy these pipelines in production environments and monitor their performance
- Collaborate with research engineers to incorporate new capabilities
- Deliver robust implementations and clean code through test driven development
- Write unit tests, contribute to our continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver novel capabilities
We brainstorm in small groups and encourage team members to lead their area of expertise. Our focus is to create novel capabilities in our localisation stack that deliver business value.
Who you are:
- You are deeply knowledgeable in Python
- You are experienced in AWS or other cloud platforms
- You have experience working with Docker containers and Kubernetes
- You have experience of storing, managing and processing large scale datasets
- You’ve had previous exposure to git, testing frameworks and continuous integration
- You’ll have a degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- We’re looking for great team players with excellent communication skills and work ethic
We’d love it if:
- You’ve broad experience with backend systems (webservers, databases, micro-services, REST APIs)
- You thrive working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- You’ve worked in a R&D environment before, or are enthusiastic to do so.
What we offer:
- 23 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- A workplace pension with a 5% company contribution
- Competitive salary and Equity in the company
- Open plan office in the heart of Oxford
- Choose your own IT kit
- Fridge fully stocked with healthy snacks and the ultimate coffee machine
- Regular company socials
- A budget for training, conferences and books.
We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we solve problems and make healthcare ever more efficient.