At Navenio, we’re building revolutionary technology to create and scale a unique solution for infrastructure-free indoor location. To do that, we’re evolving and applying award-winning and world-leading research that was developed at the University of Oxford. We focus on the healthcare sector and our mission is simple: to use our technology to make healthcare better through efficiency.
We’re VC-backed and formulating a SaaS stack for the future using modern tooling like React, Kubernetes, microservices and cloud native applications.
Navenio is an eclectic team of over forty talented individuals from ten different countries around the world. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of varying backgrounds, heritages and ages. We’re at an exciting stage of growth and are now on the lookout for an enthusiastic, achievement-orientated and empathetic Backend Engineer to help us move thinking forward. We care about growth and personal development, you’ll be given real responsibility and autonomy, along with being empowered to contribute to suggest features and realise improvements. Navenio is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and maintain server-side features, in Python, for cloud-based applications
- Write unit tests, contribute to automation, and deliver robust clean code
- Work with the operations team to debug and resolve issues with deployed software
- Take responsibility for architecture and pilot the use of advanced and emerging tool chains.
Who you are:
- You have a Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You’d describe yourself as a great team player with excellent communication skills and work ethic
- You are proficient in Python
- You have around 3+ years of experience in designing, building and running low latency, scalable, reliable and secure cloud based systems for a large number of users
- You have 2+ years of designing scalable RDBMS and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra) etc
- You’re knowledgeable of back end systems and RESTful architectures exposing API to mobile apps
- You are experienced with AWS or other cloud platforms
- You are flexible, dedicated and curious
- You have a proven ability to deliver commercial software to deadlines.
We’d particularly love it if you have:
- Experience of storing, managing and processing large scale datasets
- Experience of web frameworks (e.g. Django, Ruby on Rails, Backbone)
- Knowledge of or experience with React or other client-side application frameworks
- Exposure to Git, testing frameworks and continuous integration
- Experience of working with agile project management.
What we offer:
- 23 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- A workplace pension with a 5% company contribution
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
- Open plan office in the heart of Oxford
- Choose your own IT kit
- Fridge fully stocked with healthy snacks and the ultimate coffee machine
- Regular company socials
- A budget for training, conferences and books.
We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we solve problems and make healthcare ever more efficient.